Friday, October 27, 2006
Real Beauty

This ad's really been making the rounds lately -- it's one of the best I've seen recently. As a busy college girl with hardly any time to make myself look pretty, this is a great little ego boost :)

Oh and girls, exercising as often as possible is one of the best things you can do for yourself. I hate to sound like your mom (and this advice is anyway a bit rich coming from me because I'm the laziest and the vainest person around) but I really think that a half hour spent working out is a half hour better spent than if you were blow-drying your hair or something.

That's not to deny the prettifying effects of a good blow-dry, but I'd been feeling tired and my skin had been looking ever so sallow until I finally dragged myself to the gym yesterday and what a difference it made! My skin's in slightly better shape - not to mention my thighs - I have more energy, I got back and showered and actually bothered to put on a nice outfit, accessories, etc. Of course it helped that it was the afternoon and I didn't have a class to rush to, but still. Just one trip the gym and I felt so much better! I finally believe that exercise is a great beauty treatment.

Labels: