Monday, February 12, 2007
New York Fashion Week Fall 2007 wrap-up
Well, finally, three days late, here comes tcw's wrap-up of all the important highlights of New York fashion week, after 6000 looks by 221 designers over 9 days (christ, that's a lot!)

-plenty of ponchos, shrugs, and capelets mixed in everywhere. Why are these back? They didn't look good the first time around...
-also saw a plethora of dresses, tights, obnoxious hats, and quite a few pairs of ankle boots
-I was impressed with Ralph Lauren as always. I LOVED the puffy gold vest, I'd totally wear that.
-Isaac Mizrahi was finally back, and his collection was one of the most fun out there. Mostly A-lines and simple designs, but bold colors and prints made it interesting
-I read a review somehwere criticizing Vera Wang's originality (or lack thereof) but I will say that I liked her creative, messy-chic layering of different fabrics and textures.
-I see minis and tights everywhere!, especially from Doo.Ri, which went reallyheavy on the minidress/black tights combo

Images, from top: betsey Johnson, Ralph Lauren, Isaac Mizrahi, Vera Wang, Doo.Ri







Labels: