Friday, February 09, 2007
5 Very Special Things About Me
As you can tell, I procrastinate a lot. TF tagged us about two weeks ago and it's taken me this long to get around to doing something about it. And I have 8 drafts of posts for this blog, just waiting to be finished and published. But let's talk about things you don't already know.

1. I'm vegetarian, but I really don't like raw vegetables or fruits. I tolerate bananas, apples, grapes and watermelons. I'm averse to all other fruits, and when it comes to soup or salad I'll always pick soup - unless there isn't a vegetarian soup option, in which case I opt for salad and proceed to waste most of it. I like extremely healthy vegetables though, like spinach and asparagus and broccoli and okra. And then I have a royal weakness for anything with chocolate, unless nuts are involved.

2. I have total OCD when it comes to hygiene. I wash my hands a million times a day, and I cannot go to bed unless I feel like my feet are clean enough. Also, when I return from parties at 4am (even when I'm smashed) I do not go to bed until I've had a shower to get the gross smell of Party (beer, smoke, occasionally vomit - all that good stuff) off me.

3. I love all things French, except their high-end cuisine because vegetarians don't eat snails or goose liver, no sirree. I love croissants, I love French onion soup, I'm learning French now and I love it, I'd love to live in Paris, I'm going to study abroad there next year if all goes according to plan, I love French movies, Catherine Deneuve is one of my idols, and of course French fashion is extremely dear to my heart.

4. I understand exactly three sports - soccer, tennis and cricket. None of them manage to hold my attention for very long. And in PE in primary school, I was definitely the girl who was picked last. In middle/high school (secondary/junior college in Singapore), I just skipped PE classes most of the time. And it's been about three months since I've been to the gym. Maybe it's that great diet of cooked vegetables, cheese and chocolate that's still keeping me alive and small enough to fit through doorways. Sometimes I wonder.

5. I'm having a hard time thinking of more interesting things about me, so I'll just sort of return to the idea of procrastination, except more specifically it's that I have such a bad punctuality problem that sometimes I wish there was rehab for people who're never on time. Ask Nisha - when we met to go shopping I kept her waiting for atleast an hour. Atleast part of that can be creditted to the sad lack of transportation options out of Hyde Park on a Sunday morning (and a bus that literally broke down), but I was mortified that I was meeting this lovely girl for the first time and I was SO late. That isn't the last of my getting-places-late stories, but it's one of the best so I'll save the rest for another time.

Now I'm gonna sleep so I can hit the stores bright and early in the morning! (You can start betting now on the odds of my actually leaving the house before noon.)
1 comments:
post a comment
from Anonymous Anonymous:
Pssst...
French Onion soup is not vegetarian, hate to break it to ya....

Beef broth is the main ingrediant in any recipe.

I'm a vegetarian, so I've checked multiple places.

Sorry =/