Sunday, December 17, 2006
Being a Budget Fashionista
While Aparna likes to rhapsodize about 890-dollar Marc Jacobs dresses and such, I will admit that I am perpetually broke and thus have neither the right nor the desire to write about clothes I clearly cannot afford. These days, my bank statements are depressing, my income is dismal, and even my morning coffee is starting to become a luxury I may have to cut back on.

But if there's one thing I've learned, it's this: Style is not just for the rich.

Sure the rich have money to buy nice things, but money doesn't guarantee style. Being a broke college student temporarily does not have to stop anyone from looking and feeling great. It's all about being a budget fashionista: one who tries to get as much fashion bang for her buck as possible. Especially during the holiday season, it's easy to feel bad about oneself if your finances are in as shabby a state as mine and you're scrambling to find affordable gifts for everyone on your list while also finding cute winter clothes for every party/appearance you have to make. Look no further, because in the next one to two days I will start putting up a series of posts on holiday gifts under $20 and winter fashion finds under $30. Hopefully I'll be able to get at least one posts under each category online later tonight :-) Happy holidays everyone!

Labels: