Monday, January 22, 2007
P.S.
This is a note I would like to add to the previous post by the lovely Aparna. The question from a reader was about any makeup tips we can offer for Asian/Indian/South Asian women. Aparna did a fantastic job offering opinions and advice so I'd recommend readingher post first--this is just my tidbit addition to her post :-)

I use the same foundation as Aparna--Stila Tinted Moisturizer in Warm. I highly recommend this stuff no matter what your race or skin tone, because it comes in a wide range of shades for everyone, goes on easy, and looks great.

Most Asians and Indians, including myself, have yellowish undertones to their skin, so you should find a yellowish-based concealer. A lot of concealers specifically made for undereyes are yellow-based, so I recommend one of these--most brands are fine to use on the rest of your face also. Don't use any foundation/concealer that has pink or orange-y undertones, because that will stand out against the rest of your skin.

For lipgloss, I recommend Neutrogena MoistureShine. Some of the shades that would look bright on fair-skinned girls actually look perfectly natural on Asians. I like sheer reds and browny-pinks that sort of brighten up brown skin but still look natural. Try Neutrogena MoistureShine in Chic or First Blush,both of which I think look great on Indian skin.

um, that's it. I'm no expert on beauty, I'm just sharing what works for me. check out aparna's post for more ideas!

Labels:

5 comments:
post a comment
from Anonymous Anonymous:
awww that was awesome you guys. thanks for the tips!
from Blogger σοφια:
Could you guys recommend perfume please? And how important would you rate it? Is it better to get the expensive sorts?
from Anonymous Anonymous:
Great tips you guys! I'm not Indian or other Asian myself, but I think this is great for those who are. Btw, love the blog!
from Anonymous Anonymous:
I would suggest the warm, yellow-based concealers by NARS for any South Asian women with serious dark circles like myself!
from Blogger priya:
I have been using Bare Minerals (Medium Tan) for over a year now and cannot even fathom going back to a liquid foundation. Works amazing under a light moisturizer. (I use a great one from Murad.)

I also use the NARS Orgasm blush... it really is amazing. After I saw it used on Parminder Nagra in InStyle I was sold.

You girls rock. Lovely blog.