Sunday, January 21, 2007
Style Obsession: Houndstooth
Between reading every fashion blog and publication I come in contact with and serial-shopping my way through Chicago and the surrounding suburbs, I have come to the conclusion that I am obsessed with all things houndstooth. This classic, clean print doesn't have to be stiff and boring--it can be easily dressed up or down with the right accessories for a fresh, original look, no matter what your price range is. It's a look that is fabulously retro and mod at the same time. Just a couple weeks ago I purchased these fantastic houndstooth flats for only $15:


The key to wearing houndstooth right is to play down the rest of your outfit and let the houndstooth print take center stage if wearing a large piece such as a coat, sweater, or dress. More options for every budget:

Skirt, Isaac Mizrahi for Target, a mere $10. target.com

Coat, Bloomingdale's, $139. bloomingdales. com

Scarf, Marks & Spencer, £18.00, marksandspencer.com

Labels: ,

3 comments:
post a comment
from Anonymous Anonymous:
i've been looking for a replacement for my houndstooth flats, where found praytell?
from Anonymous Anonymous:
I am sooo jealous of those shoes!! Where from?
from Blogger Nisha:
Thanks! I got them at Rave, some store in my local mall, which apparently got bought out by BCBG Max Azria and now goes by the name Max Rave. If you don't have a Rave or Rave Girl store nearby, the address on the bag was www.maxravestores.com but it's under construction... :-/ good luck!