Saturday, December 30, 2006
New Year's Eve outfits
New Years Eve outfits have always been a big deal to me. You want to look fantastic and stylish but, you don't want to look like you're trying too hard. In a perfect world, aka in my dreams, all parties would be posh cocktail parties and everyone would be wearing cocktail dresses and 4-inch Louboutins.

Right. So, I don't know how many of you have parties like that to attend. Much to my disappointment, I don't, and wearing a cocktail dress to New year's eve would probably seem a little crazy to everyone I know. With that in mind, here is my number one suggestion for finding a great new year's eve outfit for a fun, yet laidback NYE with friends: head to your local Forever21.

First of all, never underestimate the power of stores like forever21 on new year's eve. I know their stuff isn't particularly exciting or even well-made, but they have tons of cheap, cute, flashy tops that are perfect for one-time use on new year's eve. Personally, I like this one and maybe even this one if you really like sequins (their website won't let me post pictures). It doesn't hurt that everything at forever21 works for college student budgets, too.

Pair your top of choice with dark slim jeans or a cute skirt, and don't forget to add amazing shoes (I'm going with silver ballet flats), a cute little clutch or shoulder bag, and just the right accessories, like tiered chandelier earrings, a chunky gold necklace, or a slew of colorful bangles. One terrific standout accessory should be just enough.

Happy New Year's Eve!

Labels: ,